The TV room has a TV, DVD player, PS3, and a karaoke machine. You can also stream films from your laptop. (Remember Darwin Library has a DVD collection - contact the Library to join the DVD library, so you can borrow DVDs.) Use the link below to login into the Darwin TV Room’s booking system. Bookings should not last over 3 hours and are not normally taken more than two weeks in advance.
Bookings over 3 hours, done more then two weeks in advance, or recurrent (i.e. every week, on the same day at the same time) can be done via the DCSA Secretary.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bookings can be made by non-Darwin societies, but are subject to a £30 charge. Please email email@example.com to arrange the booking and payment. These should be made at least 48 hours in advance and the secretary will try to confirm them by putting them on the calendar.
TO USE THE TV ROOM
- Turn on the projector
• Use the BENQ remote control
• Put on the HDMI
- Turn on the Yamaha sound amplifier
• Turn on (top right button, receiver side)
• Select the correct HDMI
• Either use the remote or turn the left (input) knob on the Yamaha machine (the one at the bottom of the cupboard)
HDMI3: SONY DVD PLAYER
HDMI4: KARAOKE (STARSINGER)
HDMI5: COMPUTER (DESKTOP DELL)
V-AUX: LAPTOP (you need to plug to the HDMI cable hanging from the Yamaha box at the bottom of the cupboard)
- Your Darwin front door key will open the door to the TV room
- Keys to the open the two cupboards in the TV room are kept with the porters, you can pick these up if you have a booking (you’ll find microphones in the cupboard on the right side of the room, along with a few games)