The changes ranged from major to very minor. The amendments to the Constitution can be seen in the document below and have been presented in their entirety for context. Red indicates the clause is to be changed (either edited or removed), green shows the proposed amendments, and yellow shows the explanations to the amendments.
In short, the major points to take note of are:
- Throughout the document: “fee paying members” has been changed to “primary members”. This amendment means fourth years and those with valid extensions are included in the term “primary members” and will be able to vote at GMs.
- 3.2 (p4): associate members can only use Darwin facilities if they are part of a Darwin club/society using the facilities.
- 4.3 (p5) and 10.5 (p13): the DCSA does not wish to be liable for the May Ball finances, should something go wrong with how they have managed their accounts; the amendments mean the DCSA will not manage the May Ball finances or be liable for anything they do.
- 9.7 (p10): this amendment gives a way to hold a referendum should a motion be presented at a non-quorate GM or those in attendance feel those present and voting do not represent the views/attitudes of the entire student body.
- 10.4 (p12): this amendment allows budget changes to be presented at any GM, rather than only at the Michaelmas GM or at an Extraordinary GM.